Get A New Web Design Strategy for 2016
A website is a reflection of you, and everything you stand for. That is why you need to pay a lot of attention to how you design your website. Your website’s USP will lie in in its design and structure.
Web design is a rapidly growing field now, with almost everyone and every company having their own unique website. New and innovative designing strategies are coming up every day, and you need to keep up if you don’t want your website to be outdated.
Best Web Design Strategies in the New Year
With the arrival of the New Year, your website too needs a makeover. Look at some of these great web design strategies if you’re looking for ideas-
- With hundreds of websites all around you, you need to find a way to make yourself unique. You can add some interesting or funky illustrations that have been custom drawn, to your home page. People are more likely to be drawn to illustrations than pages of text. You can also add cinema graphs or moving pictures. If you have the technology, make proper use of it!
- Experiment with ghost buttons. Have you noticed those buttons that keep popping up out of nowhere? These are minimalistic yet sophisticated and if you want to add something new to your website, this is the way to go.
- If you want to change the way your website looks, then you might consider using the card design. A lot of popular websites are using it and you can join them. It is convenient too, since all the relevant information appears like cards on one page.
- Yes, the layout if your website is definitely important. After all, it’s the first thing viewers notice. But your design must be data driven. It must be meaningful and backed by relevant and useful data. This is a web design strategy for 2016 that you should definitely try out.
- Trying to fit in everything on one page is never helpful. Make sure your page tells a story. Use user and visual interfaces to create an interesting narrative. That will attract viewers because everyone loves a website that they can relate to and is interactive.
- If you thought that you need to put all the information at the top of your page, you’re mistaken; research has proven that most people have a tendency to scroll down to the very bottom of your site. So you could grab their attention by putting some intriguing content or illustrations at the top, which will make them want to scroll down. These sites, which are called long scroll sites, have recently gained popularity.
- Background videos have become the most popular web design strategy for 2016. Background images have lost their importance now, with almost everyone doing it. Background videos are innovative and also highly captivating. It can help create the appropriate ambience for your website and create a brand image for yourself.
- Minimalistic design is what you should keep in mind while looking for a web design strategy for 2016. Bubbles, shadows or other elaborate designs are no longer popular. There is nothing elegant or sophisticated about them. On the other hand, a flat design provides clear layouts and is also suitable for mobile phones.
The web design strategy that you will end up selecting for your website should go hand in hand with what your website aims at conveying to the viewers. It should be simple but not boring, it should be innovative but not too experimental. Give your website a new look with the help of the above strategies.